Kick off a new year by trying something new!
These introductory Music Jam workshops are a perfect way to dip your toes into learning music. Suitable for ages 9 to 90, as we believe you can never be too old to learn, these workshops don't require any previous experience.
So grab a friend and come join us!
1. Choose your Music Jam Pack
- 1 Pay As You Go - $20/hour = $20
- 3 Hour Jam Pack - $18/hour = $54
- 6 Hour Jam Pack - $15/hour = $90
2. Design your groove...
Choose the workshop jam or combination of jams that suits you! (Each workshop is 1 hour)
- Intro to Guitar - learn basic chords, techniques and songs to discover what your guitar can do. With Blair Shier.
- Intro to Music Theory - if you've ever wondered about how chords, keys, scales, etc fit together...this workshop is for you, to begin to demystify the elements of music theory.
- Guitar Jam - learn chords to some familiar tunes. With Blair Shier.
- Intro to Ukulele - learn basic skills and chords for rockin' a few tunes on the ukulele! With Blair Shier.
Or....Book a Personalized Music Jam!
Gather your friends for a personalized Music Jam on one of the topics below. Minimum 3 participants.
- Songwriting - Learn how to approach the art of song writing, with tips and techniques, in this introductory workshop that will help you to just get started.
- Seniors Guitar Jam - ages 50+ Gather together to meet new people and improve your guitar skills in this social music jam. Coffee included. With Blair Shier.
- Jam Band Series - explore new musical ideas on drums, bass, guitar, piano, and vocals as you play together in a band! Instruments provided, no previous music experience required. With Roxy Roth and Blair Shier.
- Family Jam - a multi-generational music jam to bring parents, siblings and grandparents together to create lasting memories and rocking good tunes! Instruments provided, no previous music expertise required. With Roxy Roth and Blair Shier.
- Piano Jam - explore tools for improvisation on the piano.
- Bass Workshop - Introduction to bass and it's roll in the band.
Cancellation policy: In The Groove Studio reserves the right to cancel an event, within 24 hours, due to insufficient enrolment. Participants are required to provide written notice of cancellation (ie. email/text), 48 hours in advance of the program/workshop, or session will be billed. Music Jam Packs can be shared among immediate family members only, and are otherwise non-transferable and non-refundable.
3. Register online
Designed with flexibility in mind, we offer a variety of times that will play well with your Shuswap lifestyle. The current schedule is pictured above. Register below: